Monday, August 17, 2009

A New Appreciation for Teachers

Before I came here I was saying something like this... "Yeah! I can't wait to be the teacher! It will be so much easier to be giving the assignments then doing them..." That's the general picture...

That is a LIE!!!!! Teachers are amazing people and it takes a LOT of work puting plans into place and then you have to be prepared for it to go wrong. My goodness I worked all day and got one yearly schedule put in place for one class. Next time you see a teacher, thank them for all the hard work they put into making a classroom a fun learning environment.

Okay for my day... I have a urinary tract infection.... not fun. I went to the hospital this morning and got some antibiotics so I should be as good as new in a few days. I now just need to drink lots of water so it does not occur again. Haha... I love it... Sharon just told all the teachers not to ask, because it is better never to ask a girl what is wrong. When I got to school late everyone thought that I must of been dying. Okay that is an exaggeration, but that's the general idea.

We found out what we'll be teaching! Yeah! Finally!!!!!!
My schedule is
7:45-8:35 Monday-Thursday Physics
7:45-8:35 Monday and Wednesday Health (yes there is a confict with Physics... Either this or Physics will be moved)
9:50-10:40 Tuesday -Friday Algebra II
8:50-10:40 Friday Drama (anouth conflict... someone is going to "babysit" drama while i'm in Algebra, but i will be the one making up the lesson plans)
2:10-3 Monday and Wednesday Music Appreciation

Then in all the other free periods I will be teaching ESL. (Kristie is the main teacher of that, but I will go in and help and have a sub class of her class)

So that is my life for the rest of the year :D

I was working in the Computer lab at school making up my yearly plans when a thunderstorm came about. Scared the living daylights out of me. There was one thunder that made us all jump out of our seats. haha then the electricity went out and I lost all my work. :( I have now learned the importance of saving. lol

Last night there was a storm as well... hahaha... I felt like a kid again. I was so scared that if I went to the bathroom that the electricity would travel through the water, since the water tank is on the roof. Actually can it do that? Well anyways I held it till morning, which probably didn't help the infection any... oh well... such is life.

By the way did I mention how great the people are here? I am finally learning all the names of the teachers! It feels great when someone says I name and I know what their talking about. :D

I hope you all are doing well. I miss you all at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment