Sunday, August 9, 2009

Market Day

I am shopped out.

Today we went to the market(s) We went to Psha Manong (the wet market, wet because well... when it rains it's wet and muddy) That is the market close to the school where we can do quick shopping.

We then went to Saryia which is the airconditioned mall in the city. Very nice. It's like a mall in the USA but with Khmer words everywhere instead of English. We went to the Lucky store there which is basically a supermarket and got some basic supplies. Let me tell you that it is interesting trying to pick out laundry degergent when there is no English on the packaging. In the US, I take forever picking something out. I have to compare prices, look at the most hypoallergenic, find one that is environmentally friendly...etc. and find the perfect one. I have to learn here just to pick the one with the nicest packaging and is the cheapest. Makes it easier to shop. :D

After that we went to Chi Cha's which is an all you can eat Indian restaurant. AMAZING!!!! The meal cost me $3.00 for rice, chappatties (spellings off), daal, and a vegetable. Yum.

Then for cleaning... tons of cleaning... I finally started unpacking my suitcases and cleaning all the cupbourds. I have never killed so many spiders in my life. At least now the apartment is looking lived in and sparkly clean... with no spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment