Thursday, August 20, 2009

Henna

I got all my Physics and Algebra II lesson plans done for the first week of school, so I got the hard stuff done! :D I like all the teachers at the school. There are two new girl teachers and we have become good friends. Today at lunch they ate dried fish with rice. Now, I will try about anything, but that did not look appitizing. One of the fish was pregnant so there were dried eggs in it. I tried a bite of that and I have no desire to try that again. yuk.

After school I started cleaning my place since it is looking neglected, then Avak came up and I helped him with his homework. Samariah came up then and talked about Henna, which I think in Pakistani is Menka... something like that. So she brought it up and did my hands. So cool! Apparently I didn't keep it on long enough so it is more orangish than brown. Oh well... I then went down stairs to watch a Pakistani soap opera... hahahahaha no better than the American ones. I showed Avak some games on the internet such as Frogger, Pacman, and mario Bro. He loved them. I kinda felt like I was passing down history long forgoten... lol jk. But it did feel weird that he didn't know about some of them.

Tomorrow I plan on grocery shopping and making Cinnamon Swirl bread. I also need to make a potluck dish. Any ideas?!?!?!?! I can get about any vegetable besides zucchini, fruit galore, and cheese or fancy dairy is limited, beans are limited as well. So is chocolate. Dessert here is fruit :D

good night!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I can't think of anything to fix. Especially since so much is limited. I will keep thinking though.

    Love you
    MOM

    ReplyDelete