Sunday, August 30, 2009

I <3 the people here.

Lots to fill in.

On Friday after work all the teachers were invited to Agusta ( CAS treasurer) and Lim's (head pastor of pastors) house for diner. Had lots of good food :D Then Suphea and Any and I went to the Russian market to look a cloths. That is the tourist Market. I didn't realize how many people vacation here. There is a lot of neat things to buy there, but it all is "made in Thailand" haha... Cambodia does not actually make a lot of things, so if you want real Cambodia items, it is best to go to a Cambodian grocery store. That's just some advice for you if you ever come here. lol. It was HOT in there by the end I just wanted to plop over. When we walked outside to fresh air it felt like we were entering aircondiditioning. it was beautiful. I had anouther first time expierence. WHile there we got fresh squeezed orange juice in a bag. :D That's how they drink juice to go. The juice it put in a back with a straw and then tied off and then put in another bag to carry. Fun!

Yesterday after Church I quickly made a pasta dish for a last min. informal pot luck at Anne's house. I have to say I am good at making up last min. recipies. :D lol... anyways after that Mark and Anne took Whitaker and I to a small church in Phnom Penh and we were in charge of the service. We based it off the story of Joseph and the theme was forgiveness. We had a good time. THe church had around 10 people there. It was located in a house in a "village" in Phnom Phen. It is amazing how different it is in these villages than the city. Quite a gap in incomes. Its' a difference betwen huts made with scapes they can find and mansions made with the best imports possible. Amazing.

Then today in the morning I went to the market today to get stuff I actually need for school and for my apartment. It was very productive. I went with Suphea, Any, Hannah, and Grace. We had a good time together. I learned new phrases and my first sentence. Ne is this, na is that. Ting ne is here ting na is there. Then to say today is hot it is tingay ne g'dow. :D I'm learning! haha... I still had to look it up to put in here. :/

Then in the afternoon I went to the school and worked on getting the room ready for school tomorrow. We made a bulliton board with a calander on it and had to do it twice because I messed up the dates. It tried my patience.

Well off to bed. A busy day tomorrow. Kristie will be coming in two days too. Pray for her travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment