Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Manna

So another day of yearly planning. Kinda getting irritated at the fact that none of the books are organized and I cannot find all the teacher's books for the classes I'm teaching, but I plowed ahead and finished all but physics! Yeah! I have high expectations of what we will cover for a year but I'm hearing more and more stories about how difficult it is to move ahead, because the student's vocabulary is not strong. We'll see and I will just have to adjust when school starts.

On an exciting note, I learned how to make Chappatties (Indian flat bread)!!!! Yummmmmmmmmm! Samariah taught me. So easy to make. All you need is flour, water, and oil and a special pan that can apparently only be bought in pakistan). But I'm going to try it in a frying pan later and see how it turns out. I ate so much I could barely move. I don't think i have eaten that much since coming here, and tommorrow I will be learning how to make daal (lentils). Will definatly be gaining any weight I lost when coming here and I think I'm gonna end up coming back with just as much info on Pakistani culture as Cambodian. :D lol

I also got stuck outside in a lightning storm. The guard had been playing badmittin while Samariah and I went for a bike ride and when we came back, he had locked the gate and went up for a shower. We made it in safely though. :D

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment