Thursday, September 10, 2009

Well today I was about worn through and the kids could tell. They behaved so well. For my 12th grade Algebra I gave them assigned setting today. I was getting too many suspicious papers with possible cheating. Also, I have an inside source in the classroom that there might be serious clicks forming where one person doesn't talk to another, so I mixed them up so that they have to work together. I don't know if that is asking for trouble or creating more, but I thought I would give it a chance.

I love the ESL class. I'm learning their names finally and they are warming up to me. It is very difficult to explain to a child that does not understand English what it means to sound out a word. To say in Khmer "say with me" I say in Khmer " an chear mouy knom" :D

Still don't know what I am doing for drama for sure tomorrow. Something will come in my sleep :D. I have two hours to fill and right now I only have a hour and some worth of activities. Charades is always the back up.

This afternoon after school BJ, Kristie, and I went downtown to get some stuff. We spent most of our time in IBC buying school supplies. I feel like I am in a makebelieve world where I am pretending to be a grown up teacher. It feels weird to think that I am responsible for what the students learn in high school. We then ran into Dean and Ruth at the grocery store and so they offered to drive us home and on the way we stopped for pizza. Yum... I have been craving that so much lately. The salad bar is funny. They give you a tiny bowl, but it is possible to get alot of salad, because the people put carrot sticks sticking out to make the bowl bigger, line it with lettus and then fill it up. Amazing!!! I got a picture so I will try to show that sometime.

Well off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds exhausting. Take care of yourself. I am sure you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete