Sunday, September 6, 2009

Busy

Sorry I have not written in ages. There is too much to do and no time.

Kristy came last week on Thursday. It is nice to have her here and we will get a long great.

I'll work my way through the highlights last week.

Monday: First day of school. It went well. I didn't plan enough for Health and Music so I was scrambling for stuff to do. I had some music for the kids to listen to in Music to see what they know. I played stuff by Mozart, Bethoven, etc. and mentioned them. None of them heard of any of the composers I brought up. When I played one Bethoveen piece they knew it and I got all excited they recognised at least one! and then I found out the reason they knew it was because it is the theme song to Tom and Jerry. lol :D I also found out all of them except one had no music in the past, so I am starting at the start and teaching them basic notes and rhythm.

Tuesday: First day of Algebra. I gave them a placement exam. I have alot of work ahead of me, that is if I keep my head on straight and get organized. Kristie came! yeah! Her plane got in late so we went and picked her up at the airport at around 6:00. We went to go pick up the boys and they were not coming out, so I went up to their room to get them. When I got there, Whitaker was terribly sick. He had a high fever, couldn't move his legs, and had a bad headache. We though he would have to be taken to the hospital, cause he could have Dengue. however the next morning, he was at teacher worship saying he could work. He is one tough cookie.


Wednesday: Algebra was a mess. The boys left for a while, and then when they got back I made a mistake in the lecture and was caught by students, so then I was flusterd. and then the girls were called down to the office. So I was talking to one of the students cause he was showing me that for the fun of it he is learning calculus (he's the one catching all my mistakes) and also was showing me another mistake I made. I went to sit down and then dest slipped out under me and I went down in a heap skirt flying everywhere. I had a bunch of 12th grader boyers scrambling towards me pulling me up saying "teacha, teacha, get up are you alright". Yeah... good times.

Thursday: I don't remember

Friday: First day of drama. Good thing I have the talkative 10th grade for only this class. I can channel their energy for something good. I'll have no trouble getting them to particpate. We also had chapel. Something needs to be done. you would think that everyone is dying the way everyone's eyes are blank during worship. After school we went to Sharon's house for the end of official orientation and then I went to practice piano. The pastor found out i can play :/ So I played at vespers last minute. I'm learnig to play last minute.

Sabbath. Busy day. We had English Sabbath school where Teacher Sam taught. Poor soul, he talks a mile a minute and wants people to discuss, but he askes a question and before anyone can even take a breath he is answering the question himself. Then church! Where I played the piano for the service. i'm a little rusty, but I don't think anyone minded. Then Second Sabbath School, where I was the teacher. I dislike the adult quarterly. It confuses me. I would just rather read through the chapter and lead in a discussion about what we read. Plus it is so hard to get people to talk, and it is intimitating when all the older missionaries are the ones that one is teacher. Nerve racking. Then at 5 we had anouther worship, where again I played the piano. I think I have found my calling. Then game night as usual at Tim and Fayes house.

Today. Well... I'm still not finished with geting stuff ready but I thought that I would write something, because I will always be busy.

Still loving it here. :D The kids are the best and i am already loving them and making plans of activities I can do with them. I have a feeling that it will be a great school year. I know most of the names of the 12th graders cause they are with me for three classes during the week. I have them Monday-Thursday. So they are the ones seeing the good and the bad, and still putting up with me.

Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha oh Amy. "Teacha, teacha..."

    I know this was a long time ago, but don't worry about feeling dumb in front of them. I went through the same thing. They didn't correct my English, but I ran out of things to do, and they knew that I had no idea what I was doing. Yep.

    ReplyDelete