Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Sabbath

Let me give you an example of how many ants are in this country.... they are now in my computer. Yep. Occassionally as I write a little head sticks out, runs to a different part and dissappears... no wonder my computer acts funny. I sprayed raid lightly around my computer so hopefully that helps kill them.

Yesterday was a good day. It was the last day of creation week, so during chapels we went out and planted trees with the classes. I worked mainly with teh 10th and 11th graders. One student was so funny, he was doing it all by himself and was having issures so I offered to help. He said "nope I am going to do this all by my self" and he was determined. He did do it by himself, but I told him he was boring. That kid... :D but we had a good discussion while I watched him plant his tree. Everyone here is afraid they are going to get dark in the sun. He was telling me that if he gets dark no girl would like him, because black people are not hansome. I told him I know many black handsome men and any girl would be lucky to have him. THis is the conversation I have with many people although mostly girls. I have another girl who scraps her arms raw so that she will be lighter skinned, and there are creams galore that lighten skin. It pains me how obsessed they are with light skin. I wish everyone would just accept who they are.

I went over to see how the 12th graders were doing. They had found a crab and I wanted to keep it as a pet. I even held it. He was sooooo cute. I wanted to get a group photo with them, but I wasn't dirty enough because all I had been doing was taking pictures, so I got dirt smeared all over me. So I fit in the picture. :D

After school Kristy, Hannah, Grace, and I went to get a massage. We were told it was a full body massage for 7$. I was so excited, but back was really looking forward to it. What Hannah did not tell us was that what she considers a fully body is 55 minute foot massage and 5 min quick rub on the arms and shoulders. It was nice, but I will not be going back. My legs are bruised they pushed so hard and they cracked are back with a funny technique that I didn't like, and they dug into the feet. I'll go somewhere else and pay a little more next time.

During vespers I sang special music. Scary! I had Whitaker to help me. Thank goodness, cause I know nothing about singing, so we practiced and he helped me out and he sang harmony. It sounded good. The song I sang was "Mighty to Save" and it worked out that the sermon was on that topic. I love it when things happen like that.

Well off to church. Have a happy Sabbath all!

No comments:

Post a Comment