Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Years

My new years resolution that I just made today: Update my blog once a week. Lets see how this works.... I don't make any promises but I am going to try. I started a journal so hopefully I can just take stuff from that each week and wha-la! a new blog.

Last week was winter break. Kristie, BJ, and I went to Thailand and had a blast! We all stayed at BJ's cousin's house whom he met for the first time ever, and they were the sweetest family ever. They are Filipino and so we got to enjoy lots of Filipino food. Yummy! I was missing out before.

We did a tour basically everyday. The highlights were I was able to pet many full grown tigers and I rode an elephant! Fun times! The low lights was the snake show where i wanted to yell "of course it is gonna attack when you throw the snake. I wouldn't like it either!"

We also visited mission college were some of my friends now go. Except since it was break no one was there. Actually it is now called Asia-Pacific International University. It is a beautiful campus. We went on Thursday so for New Years we brought some people with us from the University went to BJ's cousin house and celebrated the new years on the roof of their apartment complex. It is around 25 stories high and right outside of the city so we had a good view of the Bangkok skyline. Now Bangkok is just like any big city in the US with freeways and skyscrapers galore so it was beautiful seeing all the fireworks going off in the skyline. Although as we looked at one skyscraper, black smoke started coming out of it which was not a good sign. Since we left the next day I'm not sure if the building was actually on fire. You can see pictures of our trip at

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=132152&id=735963980&l=bb97f59e1f


This week we went back to school :D I missed seeing my kids so it was good to be back. On Thursday we had a holiday but I spent the day grading. I'm still so behind. Today I have to make all my semester exams cause they are due tomorrow. I'm a little nervous if I will get it done. we'll see....

Anyways.. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment