Sunday, January 17, 2010

I like the way my friend Sara does her blog with random things from her journal so I am now going to do the same, instead of think of new stuff to write for the blog each week. Sorry if it seems a little random.

Jan 10: I miss Orng. For Sabbath I was reading what he wrote for me so I could sing the Khmer songs. He forgot he was writing in English so when he came to "preah" which means God, he wrote it in Khmer. Good thing preah and knom are the two words I can read in Khmer :D

Jan. 11: It is Kristie's birthday. We went to Sharon and Gary's for dinner. We ate pizza and I was stuffed beyond belief. Sharon made pizza.

Angellina and Manilla Ros left school. Their parents want them to be able to get Gov. Certificate and because it is tested on the Sabbath our school does not have it.

Jan. 12: I just remembered Roth when he did the time worksheet wrote "60 after 11" for 12 o'clock. He likes to push the rules. Always is thinking outside of the box. We call him BJ's son. haha even other students call him that. They have a special bond.
Alia told me I look old today. He said it's cause my hair is down. It was a little frizzy today. haha I love honesty. Only in Cambodia.

Jan. 13: I'm feeling down, blah and my students can tell. I don't like it. I seem to make more mistakes than doing stuff correctly. Maybe it is Satan tring to discourage me. It is making me feel like a terrible teacher. After school I worked with Sear on Pre-Calc and I couldn't answer his questions. I was told that most of my students think I come straight from high school. I didn't know I make that many mistakes. It's almost a joke now. If I don't make a mistake that it is a strange day and something is wrong. At first it didn't bug me, but it is just piling up and I want to be someone that the students can go to and they will feel confident that I will give them the right answer. I just want one mistake free day.

We had bible study in the evening. Our group was asked to find a bible verse that talks about helping the poor. Sophat wanted to show me one verse and he was looking in the bible for it. When he found it, he got so excited he pointed at it and said "Teacher! here this is it, see it does talk about serving the poor" I just blankly looked at his bible and when I didn't respond yes or no he said "teacher look!" and he got even more excited that I wouldn't agree with him. I tried to calm him down ... "sophat... sophat... Sophat! I can't read khmer." haha he forgot he was reading in khmer and I couldn't read it. I thought it was hilareous! that was the highlight of my day.

Hak was excited today. He came in afer school to tell me he wasn't studying with me because he was going to study with Gary about the Sabbath. It was cool to see him light up. He is a very mellow dude so o see him like that and to hear him talk so much about how he was excited to study the bible was cool to see. Students surprise me and I love it.

Jan. 14: Too bad it takes a semester for me to realize I 'm a terrible health teacher. They didn't even know what a pupil or kidneys are! Ahhhh! Something needs to change.

Good news... My friend in 10th grade who shall remain nameless claims he hates america and when he becomes a dictator of a country he is going to bomb America. At least now he promises he will fly me out before he bombs America. So warning: if you see me flying on a private jet out of America... America will soon be bombed. that child scared me... haha and to think he is one of my allies in the crazy 10th grade class that drives me nuts.

Jan. 16: Angellina came back to school. Apparently the school they transferred to was "mean" the students did not accept her, there were no rules, and even though it was "english" everyone spoke khmer. Even though are school seems crazy sometimes it is good to here that at least we have a welcoming environment. She told me she was glad to be back with Adventists. I'm glad she could see something in us that is different. Hopefully it is God working through the school. She is leaning towards baptism and so I am glad that she is back in a christian environment.

Jan. 17: I went to IBC today and I got two books to learn to read and write khmer. I now know the first six letters and five other random letters. I'm slowly learning. Here is a link to see what the constanants look like for their alphabet.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=136927&id=735963980&l=904454603f

No comments:

Post a Comment