Sunday, December 27, 2009

Riet Riay Bon Noel!!!! (Merry Christmas!)

I know it has been ages and I apologize. A lot has been going on. Piano and Piano and more piano, just like I previously wrote about. The Sunday after the performance were we played for the embassadors, we played our first hour long performance in the lobby. In the past we were told only a few people watch and then leave and the some more people wander in, listen to a few songs and then leave. However when we arrived there were chairs set up and everything for people to sit and listen and we had a group watching us. It was nerve wracking. Especially since the children had learned most of the 15 songs just that week, cause we had a lot of last minute joiners. When we performed it was terrible. No other word for it. We left music on the bus so we didn’t have everything we needed, the piano cut in and out, the children started off key, music went flying with the fan, I played terribly, it was bad. So bad that Sharon had us take off two class periods for the next week to have extra practice. She also had a new piano bought that works. All the extra practice worked and the following Sunday they sang beautifully and this past Sunday was awesome as well as the Christmas eve program and the Christmas day program. I love those kids and I am so proud of them! They worked so hard and they amaze me :D

The Christmas program on Thursday went well. Kinda surprised me. During practices it seemed like there was no hope of ever being organized and I felt like I failed at organizing a Christmas program. I didn’t even realize that I even was in charge of the whole Christmas program till the week of, and then I realized that was what everyone was expecting me to do. I am still not sure if I was in charge… anyways it is over with, the drama skit is over with and I am FREE!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful Christmas is over with, because I was involved with so much I had no time to do my teaching stuff such as grading and lesson planning. Now it is catch up time… :/ Not the funnest thing to do.

Christmas day was a strange normal day. On Christmas Eve we went over to Tim and Fay’s and we stayed over night. In the morning we had a pancake breakfast. We then went over to school and got ready to leave to go the Royal to perform. At the Royal we only sang for ½ hour instead of a hour, which was good but kinda disappointing cause I wanted to go out with a bang. But they sang beautifully and played decent. Afterward we came back and did laundry, cleaned up some, and finshed wrapping Christmas presents. We then went over to Tim and Fay’s again for supper and ate lots of food. We then watched the Nativity. Actually a decent movie.
Today a normal Sabbath day, except we are planning for Thailand! Kristie, BJ, and I bought tickets to Thailand and are spending a week there for Christmas break. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment