Friday, March 26, 2010

snapshots

Two days ago it was so hot that when I took a shower I couldn't get it cold enough. I enjoyed getting out of the shower into A/C. Then yesterday is rained. The rain that starts at 2am and goes to 5 pm. Pouring. Now today I took a shower. I couldn't get it warm enough. oh the irony of life.

This morning I forced Kristie to get up and look at the clouds. There were actually nice fluffy clouds. Usually we either have a dark curtain of clouds meaning it's raining or no clouds. Since January we have had basically no clouds. It's suppose to be dry season.

Last week was the week or prayer at school and this week it is the week of prayer at church. School week of prayer went well. It was student run, so I was proud at how much the kids worked to make it special. It was a little unorganized here and there, but overall it was a success. We had many kids wanting prayer or more bible studies at the end of the week.

What I love most about being here is relationships. What stinks is I am becoming closer to the students so classes are a little more difficult to handle, but now I have so many kids coming up to me and telling me there secret problems and asking me for advice or prayer. It makes my days. I'm afraid that when i leave it's gonna be like when I left the U.S no communication really anymore. Made me cry yesterday when a student told me that. Although he is a person who can get up move to a different place make new friends and can move on. Very independent.



My English is going down the tubes. I starting to speak like the students. Lots of incomplete sentences, forgetting vocabulary. You think I had a difficult enough time saying my thoughts when I was in America, you should hear me now. All the SM's can speak some Spanish so we try to speak to each other in it. It's gets really funny cause we starts saying stuff like this... "Ate, tengo mien.." Which is No( in Khmer) I have (Spanish) have (Khmer. Whitaker is the worst cause he knows the most Spanish and Khmer so he really gets the words mixed up. At the beginning of the year we had the opposite problem. I would go to the market and I would think Spanish words. Now we try to speak Spanish and instead say Khmer words.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Amy!! We miss you here in Reedsburg. Look forward to hearing all about your parents' trip when they return. Hope you have a good visit. Did Sarah tell you she is going to Rome in May? She is so excited. Michael's in Florida with the Klangs for spring break. Take care and know that we are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete