Friday, June 25, 2010

the last run

Schools done. It finished two weeks ago. It's weird to think about. When I said goodbye to students for the last time, I smiled because I still feel like this is just a break and then after the holiday school will start again. I'm going to miss them all so much. I'm gonna miss arguing with the 10th graders about the amount of homework, and Sophea saying hi every morning as he is the first one to class, and talking to my kids after school about what it means to be a Christian and what life should be like and what it is like. I'm gonna miss having kids always around even in the afternoon after school. I'm gonna miss all the expats and the stories and the advice they have to give. I'm gonna miss it all, the crazy traffic, the smelly market, school stuff seller, all of it: good and bad.

Graduation was fun. It was so personal. It was three days full worth of ceremonies. Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night, and Sunday morning. I played pomp and circumstance in all with Mark on the trumpet. My favorite parts were on Friday night BJ spoke and he spoke for a solid hour and then some, but the crazy thing was that it was not boring. It was sooooo goood! He made the kids cry. It was a sermon, story, lesson, connection to chemistry all in one. I'll remember it always. We are suppose to go through a nuclear change! :D On Saturday it was a I would call it a "thank you " night, were the kids got up one by one and said thank you. It was cute to see all the kids saying thank you to all their parents and teachers. At the end a student gave me a rose and said thank you. I would have never expected a thank you from him, but he sure did give me a smile, for it. Thank night made me cry. Even though I have only seen one year of their lives, I felt like I was seeing my own kids graduate. It's a weird feeling, like they use to be young but now they're grown. Oh boy it's gonna be weird being a student again.

A week later Kristie and I took a 24 hour bus to Vientiane in Laos. We spent two days there with Jack and Kong, two Lao student of ours, and they showed us around. We were able to go to bible study at their church. I love seeing how people worship. They are so hospitable. It encourages me and shows me what a church should be like. I learn more from them then they from us.

Then we took a 10 hour bus trip to Luang Prabang were I am at now. It is in the mountains. It is soooooOOOSOOOOooosoosoOOOO beautiful. Tomorrow I am speaking at a village church so please pray for me. Then in the afternoon we will see a village and at night head back home. 34 + hours of sitting on a bus. Sounds like fun....
It is crazy to think that apparently we are only a days drive away from China. So close! but yet so far... someday I'll get there.

I think I'm ready to go home. I want to see everyone and I am excited to talk to everyone, but I think I feel the call to serve as a missionary again. I hope that God calls me anyways :D Maybe i'm just making up the feeling... idk... I have always felt more at home traveling, we'll see.

Prayer list for this blog.

Pray for Laos. The church is small here, but the members are passionate. It is a communist government so it is not supportive of the church. Many members face persecution from their family and friends for becoming a christian, more so than Cambodia. They need continuing prayers.

Please continue praying for CAS. They are a powerful witness in Cambodia and it is easy for faculty and staff to forget that. Just like at home it is easy to forget that our daily lives is a witness. Pray that the holy spirit is continually being poured out on the school.

Pray for the students,especially those graduating or leaving the school. It's easy to forget about God once they are no longer in an environment that supports Christianity.

Thank you for all your prayers!

love
amy

No comments:

Post a Comment